Installing AMFPHP to Windows 7

english mobile

I was excited to read about the release of AMFPHP 1.9 in February, but I didn't need to install it until a couple of weeks ago, when I was working on refactoring my Lazy Loading Tree example to take advantage of Maté. I wound up burning up almost an entire day due to permission problems on AMFPHP that were difficult to track down.

It turns out that something about my setup, whether it's Windows 7 or IE 8, caused a problem with the zip file when I downloaded it. The first thing I needed to do was to go into the properties of the zip file and hit the "Unblock" button. I had no idea that the "blocked" setting on a zip file could affect what are, in effect, text files inside.

But even after I did that, I had problems with the AMFPHP files that were in subdirectories, and no matter how I changed security settings on it, I couldn't find anything that would work. It seems that somehow Windows was encrypting the folders as they were being extracted. When I extracted them on a thumb drive, it couldn't apply the encryption. When I copied those extracted files over to my WAMP installation, AMFPHP worked perfectly.

Hope this helps someone avoid blowing out a day on this.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, I ran into that, too. I think it was caused by downloading the file with Internet Explorer (8). My main browser is Firefox but, for some reason, I happened to be running IE when I downloaded AMFPHP and it seems that IE sometimes tags files (yes, even text/PHP files) as security risks. That prevented me from running them in my WAMP server also. I worked around it the same way you did: copied them to a flash drive to strip them of their secondary streams and then copied back to my hard drive.

P.S. If anyone is looking for an AMFPHP tutorial, check my blog post:
http://flexperiential.com/?p=44

Unknown said...

What is the difference between Array and Array Collection(in flex framework)?

Amy B said...

You can't use the default data binding to bind to an Array, but ArrayCollection generates events and has methods to allow you to do so.

Unknown said...

Could you please suggest me best books for flex and AS 3.0?(i mean those book's will cover almost of all info about FX and AS)

Unknown said...

How can i get menubar submenus like dropup's?i need to show like "when i click menubar it show's sumbenu as dropdown popups, but i need instead of that dropup"

Unknown said...

What is difference between httpservice and remoteobject?
And which is better one for calling large data?

One more doubt:
Shall we use application with in application?

Unknown said...

Thank you for this post. Did the unblock, but also had to use 7-zip to unzip it without encryption.